Thursday, November 23, 2006

Barbados Darts Festival 2006 – Thursday 2nd November

Picutred : Simon and Valentina

In a change to the itinerary this was another none darts day, and there were no complaints from anyone. Instead of another exhibition game against John and the Bajan stars we headed to the President's (of the Darts org, of course!) restaurant as his guests for the evening. I think the organisers were really pleased at the way things were going, and the excellent dynamics of the Touring Party, and they made this choice.

I'd met a lovely girl on the day, and I smuggled her onto the coach. Valentina, if you're reading this, you have my number but I don't have yours. The phone ain't ringing :o(

The food and drink was great, and we danced and had a great time. Probably my favourite night of the whole holiday, and not a single dart thrown. That's what the whole event was about though. I saw some great comment's on John Lowe's site regarding this (
www.john-lowe.net), which explains the event is all about having a good time, with the darts being simply a common interest.
Valentina couldn't get into the Ship Inn at the end of the night due to their dress code (she had no shoes!), so we waited for the crew to join us at bar next door for night caps, before we slipped off and gazed at the stars on the beach. Have I used the phrase “it doesn't get any better than this” on the blog yet? :o)

No comments: