Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Practice makes . . . erm

Although my DartPro averages over the 10 months since April ’05 have fluctuated, they certainly haven’t fluctuated very much. The monthly averages have been :

53, 52, 51, 54, 56, 53, 50, 54, 53, and 53

These are the averages in many hundreds of games of 501 straight start, and they include the darts taken to sink the finishing double. Getting stuck on D1 can ruin the stats, and needs to be "equalised" by a few 15 darters every now and then, but the monthly average always seem to come around to 52 ish.

So what does all the hard graft result in? Just consolidation really, and it takes me 10 throws to finish a game of 501. In order to gain a tangible improvement I’ll have to increase my average to 56 and above, as this is the point at which I’d be completing my games of 501 in nine throws as opposed to ten (see the chart, above).

Anyway, I’d better get back to the practice board for some more consolidation . . .

2 comments:

Zeeple said...

Tommo, if you are always practicing against yourself I think it will be harder to improve much. I think you really have to play against a superior opponent on a regular basis to improve substansially. Just my theory of course. DartPro is a good fun way to practice at home but the improvement will come from a more highly competitive environment.

Tommo said...

Thanks Zeeple and Jay. I really think we need a Team Night where our team get together and play competitive games against eachother. It can be so hit and miss getting the right sort of opposition in there. Sunday nights seem to be the best though.