Thursday, January 26, 2006

Jolly Drovers feedback

The picture is from an earlier practice session in the house, which no doubt caused me to think it would be a good idea to try and leave "tops" in my Singles game. How wrong I was.

Anyway, The Drovers’ board is a Winmau SFB with rounded wires and staples, surrounded by a rope guard. The board itself is housed in a narrow alcove which makes it very cramped for the players and the marker. I’d like to see them move the board to one side of the narrow alcove rather than being central, as this would give the marker more room to work in.

The board lighting was a little dim, and I was sure the board was an inch low, but this may be due to a slant on the floor. As usual the buffet was excellent, and they had hand drawn Black Sheep at the bar.

No comments: