Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Chelmsford 3 – 7 Smelters

We started poorly, losing the 1001 Team Game by quite a large margin. I was disgusted with my average of only 36 over my two throws in this leg, and I think the pressure of being back in the team was making me try too hard.

Luckily I then managed to get some smooth, consistent throwing back for my Doubles and Singles games. I averaged 75 per throw scoring nothing under 60 in my Doubles Game with Jean against Tim and Nancy. We lost this game, but in my Singles game against Nancy I kept up the same pace and consistency, and won with a finish on D8.

Our other two points came from the winning finishes of Willie in his Doubles game paired with Roger, and Alan in his Singles game.

Man Of The Match goes to Willie for again finishing well and getting an important point when we were 0-2 down and needing to get our first point on the board. A special mention goes to Tim in their team who was in superb form, scoring two 180’s in the warm-up darts and virtually nothing under 100 during match play. He won most of the silverware at last season’s presentation night and is one of the best players in our league in my opinion.

There was good news on the Dominoes front, with the team winning 4-1 overall, with me winning my match 3-1.

No comments: