Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Chelmsford 8 – 2 Jolly Drovers

A great result for the team, but disappointment for me personally as I lost my Singles game to be one of the only two to drop points. It all started so well for me, scoring 100, 99, and 136 with my three shots in the opening Team game to get us off to a winning start. That’s an average throw of 112, and accounted for a third of the 1001 points the six of us needed.

In my Doubles game paired with Roger I threw some slack shots (as did all four of us), but I redeemed myself with a couple of tons at the right time and a one dart finish on the D10 Roger left for me.


Things were going well, and we took a 5-0 lead before I spoilt the run and lost in my Singles game. I was well beaten too, needing 190+ at the time my opponent finished on D14. Just a scrappy win in this game would’ve sealed a great night, so I was really deflated.

Willie then lost his Singles game to make it 5-2, but from this point Peter, Brian, and Alan all won to make it 8-2 and give us our best result for months. No "Man Of The Match" this week, as it is a tie between Roger / Alan / Peter / Brian who won all the games they were involved in.

2 comments:

Zeeple said...

Are you throwing mixed flights these days? I'd advise against it as it is an added and unnecessary distraction. You should never let sisaled darts enter your mind, and colored or flashy flights will draw your eyes right to them whether you like it or not.

That is another argument for configuring your darts to land perpendicular, btw, with no tilt in any direction.

That's a nice looking shot and too bad you dropped your match.

Tommo said...

Thanks Zeeple. For match nights I stick to all green flights, but I'm still using the three colours in the house to try and add a bit of colour to the blog. They're the Hitec Flourescent Polys in your TD catalogue, and don't distract when kept the same. The reason I started buying these is they are impossible to lose on pub carpets after "popcorn" :o)