Sunday, July 17, 2005

Standard Flight (cont.)

I’ve had to give up on the Standard flights, despite some fairly encouraging DartPro stats with them last night ; 18 games of 501 gave an overall average of 53.62 per throw including the finishes. They seemed to be very stable when going for doubles, even though I didn’t hit quite as many 100+ shots as usual. Shots for double tops in particular were consistent.

Everything went well until I tried them in the pub, and I found that I simply wasn’t confident with them, and my practice shots were terrible. I then swapped to the pear shaped flights and normal service was resumed. I’m sure it’s all in the mind, but that’s also the place where games are won and lost, so I’ll stick with the familiar config I have been using for the last few months.

With the pear shaped flights back I beat team-mate Roger 8-0, and the highlight was one particular game of 501, where I averaged 29 points per dart.

I reached a Milestone on DartPro, where my overall average has now crept over 51 for the first time, and it now stands at 51.01.

No comments: