Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Castleside 5 – 5 Chelmsford

We ended our League season with a draw last night. We believe this will leave us in 12th place, in a league of 15 teams.

I couldn’t get my throwing going on the night, and lost my Singles and Doubles game paired with John S. The rest of the team faired better with points coming from Jean, Alan, Peter, and Brian.

This was the first time I have played at Castleside (I missed the first few games last season), and it is a very cramped oche. Throwing into an alcove, we found it hard to watch team members’ games and keep track of the scores. The dartboard they had in the adjoining room would have seemed to be the better option.

Man of The Match goes to Brian, who played smoothly all evening and won all the games he was involved with.

We now have a break next Tuesday, followed by the Team and individual cup games, and finally the Presentation Evening.

No comments: