Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Chelmsford 0 - 10 Chopwell

We’ve had a total disaster in the opening game, losing 0-10 to Chopwell. We always knew we’d be scrapping for any sort of points against last season’s champions, but tonight we were up against a brick wall.

I raised my game and averaged over 60 per throw in the Team, Doubles, and Singles games combined, but this was still not good enough against Chopwell.

The high points for me were loads of 80+’s and very few bad throws. That would have been useful against some other teams, but not much use against this very capable team. Last season the aggregate score was 1-19, so I really don’t know what to say!

You’ll get the highs and lows on this blog throughout the season, and tonight was certainly a low. Don’t forget to come back here for news of the return leg next week - it should be good for a laugh :o)

4 comments:

Kullrad said...

Heh, I feel your pain, Mr T.
I'm going to have a similar problem in a few weeks when our Badminton season starts. We've been promoted to Divison 1 in our league and I'm going to have to face several batterings by far better teams than us.
Bad Times.

Zeeple said...

Wow, tough night. But despite the w-wash you know you did well personally and that should count for something!!

Tommo said...

Thanks for the support guys. I'm not too downhearted about this. I'll be just aiming to break the duck against them next Tuesday and see if we can get some points, so it's back to the practice board over the weekend.

Tommo said...

Congratulations to the Coach. I can't wait for us to register a win. It won't be against Chopwell though.