Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Black Diamond 6 – 4 Chelmsford

Pictured : Roger from our team
Both teams were very closely matched in last night's game, which makes it all the more disappointing that we couldn't win the last Singles game of the night to at least grab a draw.

We lost the opening team game, but Alan and Peter immediately equalised in their Doubles game. There was agony for Willie and myself in our Doubles game, as we each failed several times to hit the Single 1 when finishing from 9. Unbelievable, and this has never been a problem for me in the past. Maybe I've been practising on doubles and trebles too much, and have neglected the singles!

Thankfully Jean and Roger again equalised in their Doubles game to make it 2-2. Alan was narrowly beaten in his Singles game, but again Peter equalised to make it 3-3.

In my Singles game I didn't hit big scores but there were several steady 60's and the bad shots weren't disasters. I finished reasonably well to win my first point of the season to my huge relief. There were no further wins, but we all seemed to be of similar ability and we can hope to make amends in the return leg next week. Peter was Man Of The Match.


No comments: