Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Steel Club Feedback

As mentioned in the match report this is one hell of a place! The atmosphere is great for darts, but perhaps if I were a local there I’d be investing in body armour rather than those new darts I’m eyeing up :o)

The board is a well lit Winmau Blade II, but there are huge problems with the oche in my opinion: my trailing leg was constantly being knocked by people passing through the bar, and there are distractions in the line of sight from the people around the pool table on the left hand side.

The beer is about the cheapest you’ll find up here. Most beers seemed to be around the £1.40 mark. After the fight one of their team asked what entertainment we’d be laying on for them when they visit us next week. We just said "Our bar prices!" You simply could not spend your money in this place.


The after match buffet was great; hot and cold fare, and plenty of it. This was a really memorable night, and our visit to Steel Club is in my opinion one of the highlights of our season as a team.

No comments: