Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Steel Club 7 - 3 Chelmsford

What a night we had at Steel Club. "Raucous" is the only word to describe the atmosphere! My Doubles game with Roger was interrupted by a fight a few yards away at the pool table, and it took a few minutes for the dust to settle. Needless to say, the darts players had absolutely nothing to do with the trouble, but some of them had to give statements when the police arrived. On to the darts . . .

We lost the opening team game by a big margin. Although SC played some mixed darts on the night their finishing was superb. My average score over my three throws in the team game was just 50, and a little under my recent form.

Jean and Alan then lost their Doubles game, followed by Roger and I losing ours. At 3-0 down we were throwing fairly well, but couldn’t quite rise to their level. Brian and Willie stopped the rot with a fine Doubles win to get us on the scoreboard.

Jean was unlucky in her Singles game and pushed her opponent all the way, but in the next Singles game Alan sunk D8 for another precious point.

In my Singles game I was throwing against the darts but still got down to a finish in 7 throws. This wasn’t quick enough though, and my opponent finished cleanly with me requiring 76. Roger lost his Singles game too, but Brian topped a great personal performance with a Singles win. Willie lost the final game to give us a fairly respectable haul of three points against the league leaders. I thought we really pulled together as a team, and this was not the St Valentine’s Day Massacre which some may have predicted :o)

Man of the Match this week is Brian. He won Singles and Doubles points, and really rose to the opposition.

No comments: