Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hoburne Open Darts Tournament

Pictured : Rus Bray and Peter Manley

On Saturday 3/2/07 we traveled by car to Cirencester to take part in the above event. There were approximately 50 entrants competing for the £75 and £50 prizes, as well as a crate of beer for the first one to hit a 180.


I took an absolute age to get warmed up on the practice boards, and didn't feel at all at ease. I rarely play at 13:00 in the afternoon, and just couldn't get used to it.


Sadly, myself and Rob Sime (Barbados buddy) were drawn to play against each other in the first round. We both scored reasonably well (I had half an eye on the 180 prize with an early score of 140) but we both had difficulty hitting the finishing doubles. Luckily I was able to eventually hit my doubles for a 2-0 win. Rob will no doubt get his revenge in Barbados this November!


In the second round I took a 1-0 lead against another player called Rob. I was settling in really nicely, but Rob then took over and seemed to have totally found the T20. I lost the next two legs to be beaten 2-1. Sadly Rob got beaten in the 3rd round, but we had a good chat about it all and compared notes.


Yet another Rob eventually won the competition, beating Jock over 5 games to grab the £75.
We had plenty of time for food and drinks before the main event at 19:00 ; The Legends of Darts Tour 2007.

No comments: