Monday, March 12, 2007

Leadgate Cricket 6 – 4 Chelmsford

Pictured : A practice shot in the house

A close game which swung both ways throughout the evening (there was a late-ish start) before ultimately LC took a narrow victory.

Alan hit his third 180 of the season in the opening Team match. John S had opened with a 140, followed by Alan's 180. I was third up to the oche needing to follow that great start, but saw my first dart hit S1. Luckily I brought it back to a decent 81 to my relief. I hate the throw in LC and never do well on it. It must be all in the mind, as there is no one thing I could point to as being a problem.

We have a very clear Man of the Match for this one ; Mark Henderson won every game he was involved in, and although he has played less than 15 games for us he is learning how to graft wins from difficult games.

A good team effort from us ; Alan's 180, my Doubles point, John's opening 140 which helped us to win the Team Game, Mark's MOTM, and Jean winning the vital final Singles point to turn a possible 7-3 into a 6-4.

No comments: