Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Coach & Horses 6 – 4 Chelmsford

Pictured : The Coach & Horses

A defeat, but a useful points haul of 4 for us against a team who were individually far, far better than us. I mean, ask yourselves how many teams throw two 180's against you, and you'll know what we were up against! Great darts from C&H's Ian Hamilton and Gary Appleby, and congratulations to them on their maximums.


We lost the opening team game, but immediately equalised with Alan and Roger's Doubles win. Alan finished the X5, and also scored a notable 174 in the match, although he'll be the first to admit the T18 was a little fortunate! The other two T20's were no mistake though.


I lost my Doubles game with Willie, but was pleased to notch scores of 120 and 140 (a total midge's away from a 180, like it matters!). My useless practice darts all week were thankfully left in the house, where they belong.


Jean and Mark scored a great Doubles win, with Jean finishing on 35 (9, X13), and we sensed some points.


Singles wins for “birthday boy” Alan and Myself concluded the points, and we were on a real high to pull together as a team like this and graft 4 great points against a better team.


I felt very assured in my Singles match, and I was into my 5th throw before I scored anything under 60, getting off with a ton start. Throwing “with the darts” meant I could afford an initial miss on my X16 finish, before sinking it at the 6th dart. I haven't played that well for months, and as mentioned earlier, it was nothing like the junk I threw on the practice board all week. I still have no idea whatsoever how to compete properly and win these games, but tonight makes up for some of the recent disappointments.


Man Of The Match this week just goes to the whole team – no weak links. Oh, OK, Alan sunk the most winning Doubles :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Tommo! I have a similar blog that follows my dart team (Corner Bar) in New Jersey, USA. Feel free to check it out at:
http://newjerseydarts.blogspot.com/

Kevin

Tommo said...

Thanks Kevin. I've got you linked on Related Blogs on the left.