Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Chelmsford 2 – 8 Coach & Horses

Sadly the scoreline is a fair reflection of last night’s match.

We started really well in the Team game. I scored 140, 19 (ouch) and 66 to average 75 per throw, and Man Of The Match Peter McLean sank the double 12 which Jean had left him.

After taking this surprise lead we were unable to win any more points until Peter won his Singles game, and what a great match it was. Peter was throwing against the darts and immediately found himself 180 points behind after their opening shot was a maximum. Peter kept his nerve and replied with consistently high scores. His final two throws were a 131 followed by the X8 which that left him. Awesome darts from both players.

I played quite well in my Singles game, but missed two opportunities to finish 16 and then 8, so no complaints from me and I really need to sink these crucial finishes. "Big scores for show, doubles for dough" and all that.

Next Tuesday Roger and I compete in the League Doubles competition. We usually enter this one together because we play so many matches against eachother during the week and we really know eachother’s game.

News : I’ll be attending a really interesting darts event in Cirencester in February with many of the Barbados crew, and I’ll be sure to blog it. More news to follow nearer the date. There will be at least 4 world class figures in the game attending and competing, so I’ll get the chance to ingratiate myself again :o)

No comments: