Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Castleside 6 – 4 Chelmsford

I didn’t get dropped this week, but that is surely only because we were so short of available players on the night!

Despite the narrow defeat we had a great night. All of us did well, and nobody got hammered in their games.

We lost the opening team game, but Roger and I equalised in our Doubles game, with me sinking the D1. Roger and I also won our Singles games, and our only other point came from Man Of The Match Peter, who finished his Singles game against their strongest player in just 20 darts, averaging 75 per throw including the finish. A special mention also goes to Roger’s 71 finish in his Singles game.

The trailing leg problem is virtually gone for me now, and I’m starting to reap the benefits. This was the first competitive match I’ve played with the new stance, and despite the odd wayward shot this is definitely the way to go for me. The crate on my practice oche has done the job, and I’ll leave it there to stop me getting into bad habits.

No comments: