Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Leadgate Cricket Club 3 - 7 Chelmsford

We normally don't fare to well up at LCC, but we were good value for our 7 points last night. However, just a little hesitation on some of the finishes will leave both teams thinking they could have scored more points.

The good news is that we're back on track in the opening 1001X Team game to bring our poor stats in this event back to a more reasonable 56% success rate.

Some highlights were Kris' bull finish, great score building from Alan P and Roger, and a fantastic finish from their veteran player Alan where the final 2 darts of the throw got the required 76 with T12, D18.

I had picked up my practice darts by mistake, but they threw OK for me. They just need a few more months of use to get the grip right. They're still a bit grippy, but a bit more wear will improve them. I was happy with my own game but it was well short of what I'll need next week in the last 16 of the Singles Cup.

No comments: