Thursday, November 06, 2008

Deflectagrip Stems

The new range of Deflectafrips

I noticed from the new Tommys Darts catalogue that the humble Deflectagrip stems have undergone a bit of an image change recently, and their online store Puredarts reflects the changes.

I'm all for change and trying new products, but the Fluro, GLO, and 2 Tone additions to the usual choice of just plain old Black / Blue / Red / White seem to have undermined the age old beauty and selling point of the Deflectagrips : They're boring. Unashamedly and utterly boring. No matter how many dart barrels and flight shapes I've tinkered with the Deflectagrips are the constant where you fit a set and know you're not going to be replacing any broken ones for months on end. Sometimes I swap between Short tand Medium, but that's it.

I enjoyed using the aluminium and titanium ones earlier in the year, but I wouldn't dream of taking them on a trip away from base like the the Barbados tourney because the spares I'd need would take up too much luggage space! With the Deflectagrips I'd take four sets with me and bring back two unopened.

So, it's nice to have a wider choice, but I don't think I'll be exercising that choice thanks. I prefer to think of them as dependable rather than boring ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Unknown said...

Hi I saw this post.

I'm unsure but i constantly change my stems and flight nearly every week as I bend, tear and break these items. I have resulted to buying bulk amounts for the season. i order anything upto 100-200 items and I probably do about three of 4 orders minimum a year and still dont have enough stock. I have gone through about 5 sets of Winmau Sabotages (love the grip) over the last 2 years buying another 2 so I have 3 on stock and enough stock to get me through for the next year or two (I hope). I dont waste I utilize my products to give me maximum performance, after that I have no need. when your dart doesn't fly straight when it normally does its probably time to change. I generally get 1-2 nights worth of use out of my stems and flights.