Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Coach & Horses 7 – 3 Chelmsford

A bit of a defeat tonight, but we never felt outclassed. We won the opening Team game, with me sinking the winning D1. On a really cold night up in Leadgate (they left the main fire escape doors open for the smokers) we never felt comfortable on their new two tiered oche, but matched them quiet closely throughout.

Tonight's report has to be a little self centric, with “nerves” being the main theme. I love nerves – they usually give you a push, and add a bit of adrenaline, but after having to fight for my place in the team, the nerves really surfaced tonight. No problem in the Team game where I scored well and finished on D1, and no problem in the Doubles game where I scored better but never got the chance to finish. No. It was the Singles game against the guy who knocked me out of a cup competition last year ; I totally cracked in the finishing, but somehow managed to sink my stupid D3 to win the game.

I only ever feel the nerves in three or four matches all season, so there's one of them out of the way. Hitting the winning double for 2 of our 3 point of the night really ought to make me feel more confident, but this was sheer relief. Not enjoyable, and you'll never play decent darts when you're not enjoying it.

2 comments:

jason coulson said...

hi tommo im back playing darts again

yes its jay


i play for the wheatsheaf now and played on tuesday as we won 6.4 away to masons

i wont my singles by hitting a 127 then a 2dart finish on 54

Tommo said...

Great to hear from you Jay, and I looked out for you on Tuesday night not knowing that you play for the Wheatsheaf now.

Good stuff from you. I always thought you preferred the doms. Who knows when wee play you - the fixtures are all just a bunch of numbers!